Deitch Leadership Institute Fellowship is more than a typical internship.
- Class I, II, III
- 7 weeks, 32 hours/week
- Weekly field trips
Boston Latin School sophomores, juniors and seniors are invited to apply to this unique, experiential learning opportunity focused on leadership in the professional world.
Students are employed for seven weeks by a prominent Boston area organization. Tasks will vary, but work will be real, not menial. Students will be supervised by both a professional at their host organization and the DLI Director.
2019 Fellowship Host Sites
- Commonwealth Financial Network
- Southworth Development
- Marketing focus
- ClearSky Data
- Two fellowships - Engineering and Marketing
- Community Servings
- Pine Manor College (Admissions)
- Pine Manor College (Student Affairs)
- Pine Manor College (Alumnae/i Relations)
- New England Conservatory
- Office of Institutional Advancement/Alumni Relations
- From the Top
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Summer Learning Programs (day camp) and Administrative offices
- Cabot Corporation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Diversity & Inclusion Office
- Eversource Energy
- Boston Planning & Development Agency (Communications Department)
- Committee for Public (Legal) Counsel Services - Public Defender Agency of Massachusetts
- U.S. Attorneys Office
- Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
- Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC)
- Two fellowships - Development and Inner City Capital Connections
Once a week the DLI Director will lead the Fellows on an educational field trip to two host organizations, which will include tours, product/service demonstrations, and presentations by organizational leaders.
Application requires a resume, academic transcript, attendance record, essays, and two rounds of interviews. Process is designed to be professionally developmental for students.
Fellowship 2019 Timeframe*
- Applications available. Email DLI Director Mr. Levesque (email@example.com)
- Info sessions (optional): Friday, Jan 18 and Tuesday, Jan 22 (2:30-3:30pm, Room121)
- Applications due: Monday, Feb 4, 4:00pm
- First round interviews: Feb 6 - Feb 22
- Second round interviews: Feb 25 - Mar 8
- Offers extended: March 8
- Deadline to accept/decline offer: March 11
- April/May – Mandatory training/orientation
- June 24 - August 9 – Fellowship employment dates
*Check BLS Daily Bulletin for updates.