In May 2014, for the first time in school history, BLS hosted an awards celebration dedicated solely to student leadership and service. Deitch Leadership Institute Director, Jim Levesque, and History Program Director/Community Service Coordinator, Tom Kennelly, created the vision to recognize students who demonstrate excellence in leadership and service.
Call for nominations begin in April. Anyone within BLS can submit a nomination - students, faculty or administrators. Students can even nominate themselves, although parents/guardians cannot.
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership & Service (Class VI & V)
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership & Service (Class IV & III)
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership & Service (Class II)
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership & Service (Class I)*
- Faculty/Staff Advisor of the Year
- Student Program of the Year
- Student Organization of the Year**
- Deitch Leadership Institute Award for Excellence in Leadership*
- Award for Excellence in Service to the Community*
*Awarded to seniors along with $250 college scholarship. **$250 awarded to organization’s operating budget.
Recognition of Boston Latin School Fellowships
- Deitch Leadership Institute Fellows
- Seevak Human Rights and Social Justice fellows
- Julius E. Babbitt '87 Memorial Fellows
- Topol Peace and Non-Violence Fellows
- John William Ward Public Service Fellows
Crystal Apple Awards
Awarded by students to three teachers for excellence in teaching