Deitch Leadership Institute Fellowship is more than a typical internship.
- Class I, II, III
- 7 weeks, 32 hours/week
- Weekly field trips
Every January, Boston Latin School sophomores, juniors and seniors are invited to apply to the DLI Fellowship, an experiential learning opportunity during the summer focused on industry and leadership.
Students are employed for seven weeks by a prominent Boston area organization. Tasks will vary, but work will be real, not menial. Students will be supervised by a professional and receive guidance from the DLI Director throughout the experience.
Fellowship Host Sites (2018)
- Commonwealth Financial Network
- Southworth Development
- CCS Fundraising
- Community Servings
- Puppet Showplace Theater
- Pine Manor College
- New England Conservatory
- ClearSky Data
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Cabot Corporation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- metaLab @ Harvard
- Eversource Energy
- Boston Planning & Development Agency
- Roxbury Superior Court
- Roxbury District Court
- Boston Superior Court
- U.S. Attorneys Office
Once a week the DLI Fellows will gather for a field trip to another host organization. Visits will include tours, product/service demonstrations, and presentations by organizational leaders. Fellows will complete readings and reflection essays to supplement their professional development.
Application requires a resume, academic transcript, attendance record, essays, and two rounds of interviews. Process is designed to be professionally developmental for students.
Fellowship 2018 Timeframe*
- applications available by emailing DLI Director Mr. Levesque (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 info sessions: Jan 18 & Jan 22 (Lab 016, 2:30-3:30pm)
- applications due: Monday, Feb 5, 4:00pm
- first round interviews: Feb 6 - Feb 16
- second round interviews: Feb 19 - Feb 28
- offers extended: March 9
- deadline to accept/decline offer: March 12
- April/May – Mandatory fellow training
- June 25 - August 10 – Fellowship employment dates
*Check BLS Daily Bulletin for updates.