"Leadership cannot be learned solely in a classroom; it must be experienced." - Jim, DLI Director
DLI believes in learning by doing, which is why it partners with local organizations to offer students opportunities to examine and expand their leadership capacity.
DLI Fellowship Host Organizations (2019)
This unique, experiential learning opportunity is a 7-week summer internship focused on leadership in the professional world.
- Commonwealth Financial Network
- Southworth Development
- ClearSky Data
- Community Servings
- Pine Manor College (Admissions)
- Pine Manor College (Student Affairs)
- Pine Manor College (English Language Institute)
- New England Conservatory
- From the Top
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Cabot Corporation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Eversource Energy
- Boston Planning & Development Agency (Communications Department)
- Committee for Public Counsel Services - Public Defender Agency of Massachusetts
- U.S. Attorneys Office
- Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers (Division of Government Affairs & Public Policy)
- Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC)
Babson ACTIVATE at Boston Latin School
Babson College has been ranked #1 in entrepreneurship for the past 22 years by U.S. News & World Report. In 2014 Babson asked BLS to join their entrepreneurial leadership academy, now titled ACTIVATE. BLS students participate in 25 hours of hands-on entrepreneurial education focused on new venture creation. Teams pitch their ideas against schools from around the globe. BLS took 1st place in 2014 and 2019.
Youth CITIES seeds middle and high school students with the entrepreneurial skills and mindsets to be the impactful, entrepreneurial leaders of tomorrow. Each year the DLI refers students to Youth Cities because they believe an entrepreneurial mindset is a life skill - not a business skill. Youth Cities believes no matter what career path students take, viewing life through an entrepreneurial lens will make them better equipped to discover and transform the way they work, live, and play.